HOUSTON (AP) – A jury is to hear additional testimony before deciding the sentence of a Houston woman convicted of fatally stabbing her boyfriend with the 5½-inch stiletto heel of her shoe, hitting him at least 25 times in the face and head.
The punishment phase in the trial of Ana Trujillo was set to begin in a Houston courtroom on Wednesday.
It follows her murder conviction on Tuesday by the same jury, which took just two hours to issue its verdict.
Prosecutors say Trujillo viciously struck 59-year-old Alf Stefan Andersson with her shoe during an argument at his Houston condominium in June.
Trujillo’s attorney had argued the 45-year-old woman was defending herself against a violent attack by Andersson.
Andersson’s friends have described him as kind, mild-mannered and not violent.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- McMaster Out; Bolton Next National Security Advisor
- Atmos Says Repairs To Pipelines Almost Complete In Northwest Dallas
- Mutiny On Greyhound Bus To Dallas As Driver Was Falling Asleep
- Free Mobile Flu Vaccination Clinics Extended In Dallas County
- Dallas City Staff Want To Regulate Share Bikes, Avoid Talk Of Docking System
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures