HOUSTON (AP) – A Houston woman convicted of murder for stabbing her boyfriend to death with the stiletto heel of her shoe may testify during the sentencing phase of her trial.
Defense attorney Jack Carroll indicated that he plans to call his client Ana Trujillo to testify later Thursday. Prosecutors presented 19 witnesses on Wednesday, including victim Alf Stefan Andersson’s sister.
The Harris County jury convicted Trujillo on Tuesday of murder in last June’s killing of the 59-year-old Andersson at his home. Prosecutors say she pinned him down and stabbed him at least 25 times with the 5½-inch heel of her shoe.
Trujillo’s attorneys say Andersson attacked her and she defended herself with the only weapon she had available, her shoe.
Trujillo faces up to life in prison.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Plumbing Company Owner On Employee Killed On The Job: ‘He Was Like A Son To Me’
- Star Wars Fans Gather To Watch Debut Of Latest Installment
- Texas AG Aide Out After Social Media Post Disparaging ‘Pathetic’ Women
- Front Porch Cameras Deterring Package Thieves
- Police Warning About Latest Package Scam
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures