FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price and Hilda Gonzalez Calderon, mayor of Toluca, Mexico, biked to a barbeque lunch on Saturday.
The two used bikes from the Fort Worth Bike Share Program, and are both bicycle enthusiasts.
Toluca and Fort Worth are considered “sister cities” by way of the Fort Worth Sister Cities International program. It’s the first time the two mayors have met.
CBS 11 is told Gonzalez is looking to implement a similar bike share program in her city.
Accompanied by Gonzalez’s 30-member delegation, the mayors pedaled from the Worthington Hotel in downtown Fort Worth to Riscky’s BBQ in the Stockyards.
The sister cities program has formed a relationship with eight cities world-wide, including cities in Germany, China and Indonesia.
“The mission of Fort Worth Sister Cities International is to promote Fort Worth globally and enrich our community through education, exchange and commerce, creating a more peaceful and prosperous world,” a press release reads.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Veteran Dallas Police Officer Needs A Kidney Transplant
- More Finger Pointing As Paxton’s Trial Expected To Cost $2M
- 4-time Pro Bowl RB Arian Foster Retires
- First Day Of Early Voting Way Ahead Of Past Two Elections In North Texas
- Analysts Doubt Texas Is A Toss-Up State
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures