ARLINGTON (AP) – The Texas Rangers have acquired right-hander Hector Noesi from the Seattle Mariners for a player to be named or cash.
Texas also transferred second baseman Jurickson Profar from the 15-day disabled list to 60-day DL on Saturday to make room on the 40-man roster.
Noesi was designated for assignment by Seattle on April 4 after two relief appearances during the first week of the season. He was 0-1 while allowing three runs in one inning of work. He has a 4-16 career record with a 5.64 ERA in 66 games (21 starts) for the New York Yankees (2011) and Seattle (2012-14).
Profar started the season on the DL with a torn muscle in his right shoulder. The first date he would be eligible to return is May 29.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Draft LB Leighton Vander Esch With Team’s First Pick
- North Texas Cities Fail To Test Safety Of Drinking Water
- Dallas Police Host Vigil To Honor Memory Of Officer Santander
- OU’s Mayfield Goes #1 In NFL Draft
- Dallas To Build Memorial To Lynching Of Allen Brooks
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures