Woman Killed, Man And Child Injured In Denton Plane Crash
DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) - A plane crash that occurred around 9:15 p.m. Saturday north of the Denton Municipal Airport killed one woman, and sent the two other passengers – a man and young boy – to the hospital.
Officials say the pilot was flying to Fort Worth Hicks Airfield when he contacted air traffic control.
The man told air traffic controllers that there was low oil pressure in the single-engine plane and that he needed to land as soon as possible.
When attempting to land the Beechcraft, however, the plane crashed half a mile from the airport’s landing strip.
A female passenger on board died from the wreck, while a man and young boy were taken to Denton Regional Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Names of the passengers on board the plane have yet to be released.
The aircraft is registered to N-Ovation Systems, LCC of Sepulpa, Okla.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Former Fort Worth Police Chief Ties To Taser Questioned
- Russell Wilson Will Be In Rangers Camp March 28
- Habitat For Humanity House Goes Up In Sundance Square
- Prevention v. Punitive: Addressing DISD’s Discipline Gap
- No Carbon Monoxide Detectors In Most North Texas Schools
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures