Woman Killed, Man And Child Injured In Denton Plane Crash
DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A plane crash that occurred around 9:15 p.m. Saturday north of the Denton Municipal Airport killed one woman, and sent the two other passengers – a man and young boy – to the hospital.
Officials say the pilot was flying to Fort Worth Hicks Airfield when he contacted air traffic control.
The man told air traffic controllers that there was low oil pressure in the single-engine plane and that he needed to land as soon as possible.
When attempting to land the Beechcraft, however, the plane crashed half a mile from the airport’s landing strip.
A female passenger on board died from the wreck, while a man and young boy were taken to Denton Regional Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Names of the passengers on board the plane have yet to be released.
The aircraft is registered to N-Ovation Systems, LCC of Sepulpa, Okla.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Tarrant County Sheriff Laments How Times Have Changed For Law Enforcement
- Police Investigate Motive In Ambush Of Houston Area Deputy
- Two Apartment Residents Robbed, One Shot Sunday Morning
- Man Shot During Armed Robbery At Apartment Complex
- Turner Field US Flag At Half-Staff After Fan Dies In Fall
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures