Watson Celebrates Masters Win At Waffle House
Sports Fan Insider
AUGUSTA (CBSDFW.COM) – Bubba Watson celebrated his second win at The Masters like anyone would — with fine dining and friends.
Just hours after earning his second green jacket and a $1.62 million prize, Watson traveled to a nearby Waffle House to celebrate.
Watson coasted to a 3-under 69, finishing three shots ahead of 20-year-old Dallas-native Jordan Spieth and Swedish golfer Jonas Blixt.
The Florida-native, who attended the University of Georgia, celebrated the occasion with his 2-year-old son and wife on the 18th green.
“Small-town guy named Bubba now has two green jackets,” Watson said after winning. “It’s pretty wild.”
Watson revealed that he ordered hashbrowns at the restaurant. It’s unclear whether he accompanied enjoyed those with a specialty waffle, a ‘Toddle House’ omelette, or the pricey yet classy steak and eggs.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Prime Prep Academy Faces Appeal Deadline
- Fans Run On Field As Roma Tops Real Madrid At Cotton Bowl
- Yanks Hold Off Rangers Rally For 12-11 Win
- NASCAR Suspends Hamlin Crew Chief Grubb 6 Races
- World Class Soccer Brings Fans To The Cotton Bowl
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures