Watson Celebrates Masters Win At Waffle House
AUGUSTA (CBSDFW.COM) — Bubba Watson celebrated his second win at The Masters like anyone would — with fine dining and friends.
Just hours after earning his second green jacket and a $1.62 million prize, Watson traveled to a nearby Waffle House to celebrate.
Watson coasted to a 3-under 69, finishing three shots ahead of 20-year-old Dallas-native Jordan Spieth and Swedish golfer Jonas Blixt.
The Florida-native, who attended the University of Georgia, celebrated the occasion with his 2-year-old son and wife on the 18th green.
“Small-town guy named Bubba now has two green jackets,” Watson said after winning. “It’s pretty wild.”
Watson revealed that he ordered hashbrowns at the restaurant. It’s unclear whether he accompanied enjoyed those with a specialty waffle, a ‘Toddle House’ omelette, or the pricey yet classy steak and eggs.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Couple Thanks CBS11 Viewers For Helping Pay For Headstones
- Property Values Way Up In North Texas
- Sudden Controversy Over Names Of Two Dallas Schools
- Humane Society Over Capacity With Animals Displaced By Storms
- Abbott Signs Pre-K Boost, But Work Remains For Republicans
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures