DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – An American Airlines flight bound for DFW Airport had to make an emergency landing in Abilene Tuesday afternoon.
Flight 1225 was headed from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico to DFW when it was diverted because of a mechanical issue.
American says it was some sort of pressurization issue – but says the plane did land safely in Abilene, Texas around 4:15 p.m.
Mechanics are checking the plane out to see if it can complete the trip to DFW…or if the 133 passengers and 5 crew will have to fly out on another plane.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Team USA Falls To Columbia 1-0, Finishes 4th In Copa America
- One Dead In Fort Worth Convenience Store Robbery
- Corruption Cases Casts Harsh Light On NYPD Handgun Permits
- Houston Mother Fatally Shoots Two Daughters Before Police Kill Her
- Ex-Deputy Gets Three Life Terms For Sexually Assaulting Girl
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures