DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – An American Airlines flight bound for DFW Airport had to make an emergency landing in Abilene Tuesday afternoon.
Flight 1225 was headed from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico to DFW when it was diverted because of a mechanical issue.
American says it was some sort of pressurization issue – but says the plane did land safely in Abilene, Texas around 4:15 p.m.
Mechanics are checking the plane out to see if it can complete the trip to DFW…or if the 133 passengers and 5 crew will have to fly out on another plane.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Friends, Family Grieve Loss Of Arlington High School Baseball Player
- Large Hail Batters North Texas During Severe Storms
- Teens Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings Sparks Backlash
- 5 Things: Sweet 16 And Elite 8 Weekend
- Maye’s Last Second Shot Sends UNC To Final Four With 75-73 Win Over Kentucky
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures