Boston Police Investigate 2 Backpacks, Clear Area
BOSTON (AP) — Police have evacuated the area around the Boston Marathon finish line to investigate two unattended backpacks.
Police spokesman Dave Estrada says the backpacks were discovered Tuesday evening, a year after two bombs in backpacks exploded at the end of the marathon and killed three people.
Police have cleared the area. Trains are bypassing the nearby Copley Square station.
The police department has tweeted asking people to avoid the area while the bomb squad investigates.
Survivors, first responders and relatives of those killed in last year’s Boston Marathon bombing marked the anniversary Tuesday with tributes. Former Mayor Thomas Menino spoke at the nearby Hynes Convention Center.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- At Least 3 Dead In Houston Area Flooding
- Cowboys Add Ex-First-Round WR Draft Pick AJ Jenkins
- Lee’s Sandwiches Recalls Over 200k Pounds Of Deli Meat
- Supreme Court To Hear Texas Districts Case
- Rangers Notebook: The Truth About Foreign Substances
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures