ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) – From the moment Stephane Robidas was traded from the Dallas Stars to the Anaheim Ducks last month, he realized he might end up facing his former teammates in the first round of the playoffs.
Although the veteran defenseman is giving up everything he knows about the wild-card Stars, Robidas realizes his postseason fate rests on the powerhouse Ducks’ will, not any special knowledge of an upstart opponent that had Anaheim’s number in the regular season.
The Ducks earned the Western Conference’s top record and another Pacific Division title, setting records for wins while finishing one point behind Boston for the Presidents’ Trophy. None of it means anything to captain Ryan Getzlaf unless Anaheim gets past Dallas.
Anaheim hosts the Stars in Game 1 on Wednesday night.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Summer Housing Market Heating Up In North Texas
- Families Of Drowning Victims Share Advice Ahead Of Holiday Weekend
- No Additional Charges Against Woman Who Made Up Story About Trooper Sex Assault
- VFWs, American Legions See Declines In Memberships
- North Texas Families Enjoy Memorial Day Weekend At The Lake
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures