Rubio Visiting Texas For UT Address
AUSTIN (AP) - Often mentioned as a possible 2016 presidential candidate, U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio is heading onto the home turf of two other future potential White House contenders, Ted Cruz and Rick Perry.
The tea party darling from Florida is giving an address in Austin on Tuesday sponsored by various University of Texas organizations.
Rubio is a grass-roots favorite and Cuban-American — just like his fellow first-term Senate colleague Cruz.
Hailing from Houston, Cruz became a leading national tea party voice when he helped force last year’s partial government shutdown while trying to dismantle the nation’s new health care law.
Perry has been Texas governor since 2000 and ran unsuccessfully for president in 2012.
He has opted not to seek re-election in November, but hasn’t ruled out a second White House run.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rondo Wants Another Title Run In Move To Dallas
- Perry: Top Official Resigning Over No-Bid Contract
- Animal Shelter At Code Red Full; Specials Offered
- 3 Men Arrested In Shooting Death, Robbery Of Dallas Mom
- Affidavit Depicts Accused Christina Morris Kidnapper As “Sexually Frustrated”
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures