DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas police have identified a person of interest after a deadly hit and run claimed the life of a 13-year old boy in the M Streets area of Dallas Tuesday morning.
Police are searching for 24-year old Dagoberto Castanon (L/M, 5’9″, 175lb) who they say is a person of interest tied to a chase and crash.
Officials say an unknown person, or persons, fled from police following an attempted traffic stop in Highland Park and ran a stop sign, driving their mini-van into the side of a car, killing 13-year-old Ethan Vasquez and seriously injuring his mother.
Dashcam video from an earlier police chase has given officials a partial description — someone wearing a white t-shirt and white ball cap — but the race and gender are were not discernible. Investigators said any new information is welcome.
A $15,000 reward is being offered in the case.
At last report Ethan’s mother, Sandy Vasquez, was still in critical condition at a Dallas hospital.
Donations to the Vasquez family can be made at any of the 14 branches of Citizens National Bank in either Ellis County or South Dallas County.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Family Of Missing Plant Worker Believes Explosion Was Tragic Accident
- ‘Military Memento Device’ Goes Off At South Austin Goodwill
- Unexploded Package Bomb Also Found At FedEx Facility Near San Antonio
- Fort Worth Police Investigating Toddler’s Death
- I-Team: Former ATF Agent Suspects Austin Bomber May Have an Accomplice
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures