EULESS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – On Friday afternoon a lockdown went into effect at Euless Trinity high school due to police activity near the school.
According to the Euless Police Department, a suspect stole a car and a gun and the car was later found in the area of the school.
Out of caution, the Trinity High School administration placed the school in lockdown. Midway Park Elementary School was also placed in lockdown because of its proximity to Trinity High School.
Officials say the school will remain in lockdown until the Police advises the school’s administration that the lockdown can be lifted. At that time, the normal schedule will resume.
Police have said that everyone in the building is safe and are asking parents to stay away while they sort the situation out.
this is a developing story
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas OKs Requiring Schools To Teach Sex Abuse Prevention
- Texas First Responders Could Soon Carry Guns
- Pregame Baseball Nuggets: Blue Jays Offense, Griffin vs Bolsinger & More
- Ariana Grande To Return For Manchester Benefit Concert
- Former Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Dozens Of Kids In ’80s
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures