PLANO, Texas (1080 KRLD) – A major power outage affecting Plano City Hall and other municipal government offices is expected to continue well into this afternoon.
Plano City Spokesperson Mary Grube says the main power generator failed this morning, releasing smoke in the basement.
Grube says the city’s website is also down, but is expected to come back up by early afternoon.
Plano’s emergency operations are not affected by the outage, and Grube says residents are able to make 911 calls.
Stay with 1080 KRLD and CBSDFW.com for updates on this developing story.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rare Video Game Sells In Denton For $7,500
- Former North Texas Teacher Accused Of Embezzling Tens Of Thousands
- Lawyer: Accused Walgreens Shooter Could Argue Self-Defense
- Fired Employee Kills Co-Worker, Self At Houston-Area Company
- Couple Fights Off $1 Million Lawsuit Over Bad Review
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures