AUSTIN, Texas (1080 KRLD) – According to a new, non-scientific online survey from an Austin-based group, the issue of marijuana regulation may be even more popular than football in Texas.
Ed Espinoza is the executive director of Progress Texas and spoke with 1080 KRLD about the findings.
Of the 9,000 responses to the survey: 92% support decriminalization of marijuana, 98% support medicinal use of marijuana, 91% want marijuana regulated and available to the public (similar to laws in Colorado).
“The early numbers show that marijuana regulation may be more popular than Texas football,” said Phillip Martin, Deputy Director of Progress Texas. “We’re still in the early stages of our outreach, but Texans appear ready for a thoughtful conversation about marijuana regulation.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Woman Robs Wyoming Bank To Go Back To Prison
- Mass Die-Off At Marine Sanctuary Off Louisiana, Texas
- Cowboys Need ‘Avail-Ability’, Sign Two Linebackers
- The Road To Dallas Cowboys Training Camp – Day 1
- Odor Homers Twice, Rangers Win 8-3 Over Royals
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures