AUSTIN, Texas (1080 KRLD) – According to a new, non-scientific online survey from an Austin-based group, the issue of marijuana regulation may be even more popular than football in Texas.
Ed Espinoza is the executive director of Progress Texas and spoke with 1080 KRLD about the findings.
Of the 9,000 responses to the survey: 92% support decriminalization of marijuana, 98% support medicinal use of marijuana, 91% want marijuana regulated and available to the public (similar to laws in Colorado).
“The early numbers show that marijuana regulation may be more popular than Texas football,” said Phillip Martin, Deputy Director of Progress Texas. “We’re still in the early stages of our outreach, but Texans appear ready for a thoughtful conversation about marijuana regulation.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Roofing Shingles A Hot Commodity For North Texas Thieves
- Video: Baseball Fan Misses Foul Ball, Gets Face Full Of Nachos
- Scores Sagging For High Schoolers Taking ACT Test
- Clinton Proposes New Federal Fund To Fight Zika
- On The Rise: Brett Stegmaier, Road Warrior Stays On Tour
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures