AUSTIN, Texas (1080 KRLD) – According to a new, non-scientific online survey from an Austin-based group, the issue of marijuana regulation may be even more popular than football in Texas.
Ed Espinoza is the executive director of Progress Texas and spoke with 1080 KRLD about the findings.
Of the 9,000 responses to the survey: 92% support decriminalization of marijuana, 98% support medicinal use of marijuana, 91% want marijuana regulated and available to the public (similar to laws in Colorado).
“The early numbers show that marijuana regulation may be more popular than Texas football,” said Phillip Martin, Deputy Director of Progress Texas. “We’re still in the early stages of our outreach, but Texans appear ready for a thoughtful conversation about marijuana regulation.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Swollen River Feeds Flooding Near Houston As Residents Flee
- Dallas Company Sells Obama, Patrick Urinal Screens
- Affidavit: Man Accused Of Killing Girlfriend Describes Botched Double Suicide
- Frisco ISD Approves Tax Hike To Pay Teachers; Now Up To Voters
- Husband Arrested For Allegedly Shooting His Wife In Southlake
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures