FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The City of Fort Worth has reached a settlement with the homeowner whose property was mistakenly demolished in July 2013.
David Underwood filed a claim against the city, after a contractor tore down his home at 9716 Watercress Drive instead of the home at 9708 Watercress Drive.
Underwood will receive a total payout of $102,500. The City of Fort Worth will be responsible for paying Underwood $62,500, more than half of the settlement.
The contractor and contractor’s insurance company will be responsible for the rest.
Underwood’s home was the second property to be mistakenly demolished by the city.
The day before his home was destroyed, another residence was knocked down in north Fort Worth.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Security Tightens At 2 Arlington Schools After Racist Graffiti Found
- Police Detain Some Protesters Outside Trump Rally
- Rangers Offense Explodes For Season High 15 Runs In Win Over Angels
- Wednesday’s Warrior: Hamilton Grant
- Surprise Music Performance At Cook Children’s Hospital
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures