FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The City of Fort Worth has reached a settlement with the homeowner whose property was mistakenly demolished in July 2013.
David Underwood filed a claim against the city, after a contractor tore down his home at 9716 Watercress Drive instead of the home at 9708 Watercress Drive.
Underwood will receive a total payout of $102,500. The City of Fort Worth will be responsible for paying Underwood $62,500, more than half of the settlement.
The contractor and contractor’s insurance company will be responsible for the rest.
Underwood’s home was the second property to be mistakenly demolished by the city.
The day before his home was destroyed, another residence was knocked down in north Fort Worth.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Crews Remove Body Of Male Found Floating In White Rock Creek
- ‘Partridge Family’ Star David Cassidy Dies At 67
- Democrat, Republican Lawmakers In Dallas Support Bills To Help Dreamers
- South Dallas Seedling Farm To Sprout More Backyard Gardens
- Disney Animation, Pixar Chief John Lasseter Taking Leave
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures