DALLAS, Texas (AP) – Dirk Nowitzki missed from several of his usual spots as Dallas blew a lead in the fourth quarter of its playoff-opening loss to San Antonio.
The Mavericks star even flubbed a glorified layup, the most surprising of all the misses when Dallas went without a meaningful basket for the final 8 minutes of the 90-85 loss to the Spurs.
Now Nowitzki has to bounce back from one of the worst playoff games in his 16-year career when the Mavericks play at San Antonio in Game 2 on Wednesday night.
It’s hard to imagine Dallas knocking off the team with the NBA’s best record as long as Nowitzki has 11 points on 4-of-14 shooting. It was his lowest point total in the playoffs in seven years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth ISD School Locked Down After Gun Report
- Dog Food Recalled After Possible Drug Contamination
- TxDOT Urging Drivers To “Look Twice For Motorcycles”
- Tom Hanks On “NFL Moratorium” Over Raiders Move
- Texas Senate Approves Self-Driving Car Regulations
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures