Mavs Need Dirk Rebound To Get Even With Spurs
Mavericks CentralShop for Mavericks Gear
Buy Mavericks Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
DALLAS, Texas (AP) – Dirk Nowitzki missed from several of his usual spots as Dallas blew a lead in the fourth quarter of its playoff-opening loss to San Antonio.
The Mavericks star even flubbed a glorified layup, the most surprising of all the misses when Dallas went without a meaningful basket for the final 8 minutes of the 90-85 loss to the Spurs.
Now Nowitzki has to bounce back from one of the worst playoff games in his 16-year career when the Mavericks play at San Antonio in Game 2 on Wednesday night.
It’s hard to imagine Dallas knocking off the team with the NBA’s best record as long as Nowitzki has 11 points on 4-of-14 shooting. It was his lowest point total in the playoffs in seven years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Maddux, Magadan Return To Rangers Coaching Staff
- Waxahachie Police Detain Student For Making ‘Hit List’
- Death Of Texas Girl In Refrigerator Ruled Homicide
- Kenseth Still Feels Terrible After Harvick Wreck
- Aggies Could Have New QB For Game Against LA-Monroe
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures