DALLAS, Texas (AP) – Dirk Nowitzki missed from several of his usual spots as Dallas blew a lead in the fourth quarter of its playoff-opening loss to San Antonio.
The Mavericks star even flubbed a glorified layup, the most surprising of all the misses when Dallas went without a meaningful basket for the final 8 minutes of the 90-85 loss to the Spurs.
Now Nowitzki has to bounce back from one of the worst playoff games in his 16-year career when the Mavericks play at San Antonio in Game 2 on Wednesday night.
It’s hard to imagine Dallas knocking off the team with the NBA’s best record as long as Nowitzki has 11 points on 4-of-14 shooting. It was his lowest point total in the playoffs in seven years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Will The Return Of Stars Disrupt Team Chemistry?
- Texas, 2 Other States Deny Russia Request To Monitor Election
- Keidel: Can Steelers Win Without Big Ben?
- Arlington ISD Hosts State Qualifying Robotics Tournament
- K-State, Texas Meet For Old-School, Ground-Based Game
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures