DALLAS, Texas (AP) – Dirk Nowitzki missed from several of his usual spots as Dallas blew a lead in the fourth quarter of its playoff-opening loss to San Antonio.
The Mavericks star even flubbed a glorified layup, the most surprising of all the misses when Dallas went without a meaningful basket for the final 8 minutes of the 90-85 loss to the Spurs.
Now Nowitzki has to bounce back from one of the worst playoff games in his 16-year career when the Mavericks play at San Antonio in Game 2 on Wednesday night.
It’s hard to imagine Dallas knocking off the team with the NBA’s best record as long as Nowitzki has 11 points on 4-of-14 shooting. It was his lowest point total in the playoffs in seven years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Studies Say Global Warming Made Harvey’s Deluge 3 Times More Likely
- Hyundai & Kia Recall Compact Cars To Fix Brake Light Problem
- Week 15 NFL Picks: Patriots, Steelers Battle For The Top Of The AFC
- What Cowboys’ Dak Can Learn From Eagles’ Wentz Injury
- Off-Duty Dallas Fireman Involved In Crash That Killed Pregnant Teen
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures