DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — NASA is celebrating Earth Day on Tuesday by asking you — and everyone else on the planet — to take part in the agency’s ‘Global Selfie’ event.
To participate, people are encouraged to take ‘selfies’ outside — wherever that may be — and share them on social media using the hashtag #GlobalSelfie. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+ and Flickr can all be used.
NASA will then use the image to create a “mosaic image of Earth — a new ‘Blue Marble’ built bit by bit with your photos.” The mosaic and a video using the images will be released in May.
You can download a printable sign for the photo here, or indicate where you are creatively by spelling it out with rocks or in the sand.
The KRLD Newsroom poses for a #GlobalSelfie
The agency is calling 2014 a big year for NASA, as five missions designed to gather critical data about Earth are being launched to space this year.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Report: Dez Bryant & Former Adviser Sen. Royce West Settle Legal Dispute
- Texas Woman Gets 30 years For Babysitting Child Porn Scam
- PD Searching For Thief Who Stole Purse At Buc-ee’s Gas Pump
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Has MCL Sprain, But “Feeling Great”
- Texas Lineman Kent Perkins Suspended Following DWI Arrest
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures