DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) — A man walking along the train tracks in south Denton was killed on Monday night when he was struck by a freight train.
Officers say an engineer on a Union Pacific train called 9-1-1 around 10:15 p.m. to say he might have hit someone. When officers arrived on scene, they found the man’s body.
The victim has not been identified.
Police, along with investigators from Union Pacific, are trying to figure out why the man was on the tracks to begin with.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Patterson 202 Games At TCU, Snyder Seeks 201st K-State Win
- During First Look At Wildfire Rubble, Residents In A Daze
- Chris Arnold Stories: NBA Legends Ballin’ In Roger Staubach’s Backyard
- Trader Joe’s Hummus Recalled For Possible Listeria Contamination
- Rolando McClain Suspended Indefinitely For Violating NFL’s Substance Abuse Policy
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures