Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train In South Denton
DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) — A man walking along the train tracks in south Denton was killed on Monday night when he was struck by a freight train.
Officers say an engineer on a Union Pacific train called 9-1-1 around 10:15 p.m. to say he might have hit someone. When officers arrived on scene, they found the man’s body.
The victim has not been identified.
Police, along with investigators from Union Pacific, are trying to figure out why the man was on the tracks to begin with.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Randle And ‘The Meat On The Bone’
- Silver Alert Issued For Dallas Man
- Divisive Gay Marriage Bill Falls In Austin
- Oklahoma Backup QB Hansen To Transfer
- Warriors Beat Rockets To Reach NBA Finals
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures