Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train In South Denton
Get Breaking News First
DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A man walking along the train tracks in south Denton was killed on Monday night when he was struck by a freight train.
Officers say an engineer on a Union Pacific train called 9-1-1 around 10:15 p.m. to say he might have hit someone. When officers arrived on scene, they found the man’s body.
The victim has not been identified.
Police, along with investigators from Union Pacific, are trying to figure out why the man was on the tracks to begin with.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Hospital Of Dallas Ebola Patients Posts Poor ER Benchmarks
- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence
- Dallas Police Prepare To Test Thousands Of Old Rape Kits
- New Traffic Signal Style Debuts In Keller
- Democrat Wendy Davis Says She Would Welcome Obama Visit
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures