DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) — A man walking along the train tracks in south Denton was killed on Monday night when he was struck by a freight train.
Officers say an engineer on a Union Pacific train called 9-1-1 around 10:15 p.m. to say he might have hit someone. When officers arrived on scene, they found the man’s body.
The victim has not been identified.
Police, along with investigators from Union Pacific, are trying to figure out why the man was on the tracks to begin with.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fiat Chrysler, Google Offering Rides In Self-Driving Cars
- Lady Gaga, ‘Pokemon Go,’ Women’s March Snag Webby Awards
- NASCAR Driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. To Retire At End Of 2017 Season
- Police: Wife’s Fitbit Logs Steps After Husband Says She Died
- Workers Return To Dallas High-Rise After Deadly Workplace Shooting
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures