DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) — A man walking along the train tracks in south Denton was killed on Monday night when he was struck by a freight train.
Officers say an engineer on a Union Pacific train called 9-1-1 around 10:15 p.m. to say he might have hit someone. When officers arrived on scene, they found the man’s body.
The victim has not been identified.
Police, along with investigators from Union Pacific, are trying to figure out why the man was on the tracks to begin with.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Draft Ezekiel Elliot With 4th Pick!
- Fake Guns? Real Crimes… New Worries In North Texas
- Cruz Responds To Boehner “Lucifer” Comment
- Police Arrest Man After Woman Found Dead In His Car
- Severe Weather Highlights Need To Clean Out Garage
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures