DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) — A man walking along the train tracks in south Denton was killed on Monday night when he was struck by a freight train.
Officers say an engineer on a Union Pacific train called 9-1-1 around 10:15 p.m. to say he might have hit someone. When officers arrived on scene, they found the man’s body.
The victim has not been identified.
Police, along with investigators from Union Pacific, are trying to figure out why the man was on the tracks to begin with.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Stranger Who Donated Kidney Meets Recipient
- DART Sees 60 Percent Increase In Aggravated Assaults In Last 2 Years
- North Texas Family Dealing With Loss Of 3 Loved Ones To Crash
- Recycling Facility Fire Expected To Burn Into Tuesday Morning
- Unforgettable Marathon Finish In Dallas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures