AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – Texas Gov. Rick Perry is challenging his New York counterpart, Gov. Andrew Cuomo, to a debate over economic policy as he ventures onto Cuomo’s turf.
Perry is visiting New York, hoping to coax employers there to move to Texas.
Last June, he made a similar trip that included ads poking fun at what Perry said was New York’s high taxes and stiff regulations.
On Tuesday, a Perry political group released a statement suggesting a debate with Cuomo on topics like taxes, government spending and education. Perry repeated the offer on an Albany radio station.
A Cuomo spokesman offered no comment.
Perry’s 2012 presidential run flamed out following his notorious “Oops” brain freeze during a debate. He’s not seeking re-election but hasn’t ruled out a second White House run in 2016.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Texts Show Ezekiel Elliott Accuser Discussing Blackmail
- 5 Missing After Army Helicopter Goes Down Off Hawaii
- Will Zeke Suspension Lead To Trouble For NFL & Commissioner Goodell?
- Obama’s Post-Charlottesville Message Most-Liked Tweet Ever
- Cowboys QB Moore Healthy, Now Behind Prescott
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures