Ex-Longview Bank Teller Embezzled Nearly $1.4M
Get Breaking News First
TYLER, Texas (AP) – A former bank teller in East Texas has been convicted of embezzling nearly $1.4 million and faces up to 30 years in prison.
A federal judge in Tyler on Wednesday formally accepted the theft-related guilty plea from Kerri Monroe Jones.
Court documents show Jones has acknowledged stealing from Capital One Bank in Longview, where she had worked from 2000 until September 2013.
Investigators say Jones, who was arrested April 17 and awaits sentencing, hid the unauthorized cash entries by adjusting bank documents.
Jones could also be fined up to $1 million.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Broncos’ Ware Will Sit Out 1st Return Visit To Cowboys
- Steals & Deals: Aug. 27, 2014
- Cowboys Show Humility At Kickoff Luncheon
- President Obama Crafts Legal Rationale For Next Immigration Steps
- Insurers Find Ways To Discourage Sick From Healthcare Enrollment
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures