Ex-Longview Bank Teller Embezzled Nearly $1.4M
Get Breaking News First
TYLER, Texas (AP) – A former bank teller in East Texas has been convicted of embezzling nearly $1.4 million and faces up to 30 years in prison.
A federal judge in Tyler on Wednesday formally accepted the theft-related guilty plea from Kerri Monroe Jones.
Court documents show Jones has acknowledged stealing from Capital One Bank in Longview, where she had worked from 2000 until September 2013.
Investigators say Jones, who was arrested April 17 and awaits sentencing, hid the unauthorized cash entries by adjusting bank documents.
Jones could also be fined up to $1 million.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Detain UT Student For Flying Drone Over Longhorns, UNT Game
- Cowboys LB McClain Comes Up Lame At Monday Practice
- Plano Beat North Carolina For Toyota HQ With Smaller Bid
- Texas QB Ash To Miss BYU Game
- 5 Takeaways From Dull Summer Box Office
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures