ARLINGTON, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Police with UT Arlington are searching for a woman who struck an officer with her car as it was about to be towed.
During a routine check of campus parking lots Tuesday afternoon UTA police say a car with several outstanding tickets was found.
Captain Mike McCord with UTA police says as the car was about to be towed the unidentified female driver of it ran over – hopped into the vehicle – hit the gas and struck a public safety officer as she drove off.
McCord says the car was eventually located but police are still looking for the woman who was behind the wheel.
The condition of the officer who was hit by the car is unknown.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- SMU Stuns No. 11 Houston 38-16
- Stars Shut Out By Blue Jackets 3-0
- Local Developer Brings Old Building Back To Life In Oak Cliff
- Man Injured By Bobcat Is First Case In Plano’s Recorded History
- Fort Worth Police Arrest Man Who Shot At Officers
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures