ARLINGTON, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Police with UT Arlington are searching for a woman who struck an officer with her car as it was about to be towed.
During a routine check of campus parking lots Tuesday afternoon UTA police say a car with several outstanding tickets was found.
Captain Mike McCord with UTA police says as the car was about to be towed the unidentified female driver of it ran over – hopped into the vehicle – hit the gas and struck a public safety officer as she drove off.
McCord says the car was eventually located but police are still looking for the woman who was behind the wheel.
The condition of the officer who was hit by the car is unknown.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Sheriff: Officer Fatally Shot In Backyard Of His Home
- Verizon Buys Yahoo For $4.83B, Marking End Of An Era
- Busch Turns Weekend Into Clean Sweep With Brickyard 400 Win
- Deputies Find Thousands Of Marijuana Plants In Navarro County
- Dallas Teen Critical Following Parking Lot Gun Battle
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures