ARLINGTON, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Police with UT Arlington are searching for a woman who struck an officer with her car as it was about to be towed.
During a routine check of campus parking lots Tuesday afternoon UTA police say a car with several outstanding tickets was found.
Captain Mike McCord with UTA police says as the car was about to be towed the unidentified female driver of it ran over – hopped into the vehicle – hit the gas and struck a public safety officer as she drove off.
McCord says the car was eventually located but police are still looking for the woman who was behind the wheel.
The condition of the officer who was hit by the car is unknown.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Moldy Dog Food Fuels Families Need To Warn Others
- Dallas Police Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old Boy
- 8 Children Rescued From San Antonio Home In “Horrific” Child Abuse Case
- Manizel: “I’ve Been The Same Person, Doing The Same Things Since It All Started”
- North Dallas Apartment Complex Destroyed By Fire
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures