AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – An investigation into nearly a dozen attempted burglaries in Central Texas has led to the arrest of three youths, including a 10-year-old suspect.
Travis County jail records show 17-year-old Erik Marciel was being held Thursday on two counts of attempted burglary of a habitation.
Online jail records don’t list an attorney for Marciel, who was booked Wednesday with bond set at $7,500.
Austin police say the 10-year-old and another juvenile have also been detained. Further details on the minors weren’t immediately available.
Investigators say another suspect is being sought after reports of house break-ins on April 10. Police responded to reports of a neighbor seeing four people acting suspiciously near a home, including trying to open the windows.
An affidavit says one minor is suspected in at least 11 burglaries.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hunters Charged In Texas Shooting Had Blamed Illegal Immigrants
- Toughening Penalties If Pets Are Harmed During Crimes
- Man Arrested For Slaying Of Caldwell County Teen Last Year
- SpaceX Launches Rocket From NASA’s Historic Moon Pad
- ‘Lego Batman’ Stays No. 1, Conquers ‘The Great Wall’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures