AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – An investigation into nearly a dozen attempted burglaries in Central Texas has led to the arrest of three youths, including a 10-year-old suspect.
Travis County jail records show 17-year-old Erik Marciel was being held Thursday on two counts of attempted burglary of a habitation.
Online jail records don’t list an attorney for Marciel, who was booked Wednesday with bond set at $7,500.
Austin police say the 10-year-old and another juvenile have also been detained. Further details on the minors weren’t immediately available.
Investigators say another suspect is being sought after reports of house break-ins on April 10. Police responded to reports of a neighbor seeing four people acting suspiciously near a home, including trying to open the windows.
An affidavit says one minor is suspected in at least 11 burglaries.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Softball Series Teaches Players Powerful Lessons In Overcoming Adversity
- Mother Pleads For Justice After Son Gunned Down In Oak Cliff
- Texas Lawmakers OK Budget But ‘Bathroom Bill’ Still In Limbo
- Texas Approves Bill To Allow Guns Near School In Parked Cars
- DeSoto Native Errol Spence Jr Takes IBF World Welterweight Title
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures