Big 12 Reprimands Texas LB Steve Edmond For Bashing Baylor
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby has publicly reprimanded Texas linebacker Steve Edmond after the player criticized Baylor and called the Bears “trash.”
Edmond made his remarks after Texas wrapped spring practice last weekend with its annual spring scrimmage and his comments gained widespread attention around the Big 12. Edmond apologized Thursday night, but that didn’t stop Bowlsby from issuing a reprimand Friday afternoon.
Bowlsby says Edmond violated league rules against coaches and players making negative comments about Big 12 schools.
Baylor beat Texas 30-10 last season in a game that clinched the Bears’ first Big 12 title and denied Texas its first league crown since 2009. Edmond was injured with a lacerated liver and didn’t play in that game.
Baylor and Texas play Oct. 4 in Austin.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Pizza Shop Owner Shames TV Thief On Facebook
- Body Of Student Found In Marshy Area Of South Padre Island
- Judge In Texas Blocks Federal Rules Change For Gay Couples
- Talent Agency Wants Matt McConaughey Speaking Fee Secret
- Germanwings Crash Raises Questions About Pilot Requirements
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures