Rangers Activate Beltre, Put Kouzmanoff On DL
SEATTLE, Wash (AP) – The Rangers have activated third baseman Adrian Beltre from the 15-day disabled list and shut down third baseman Kevin Kouzmanoff with a sore back.
Texas made the roster moves on Friday before opening a three-game series in Seattle. Kouzmanoff has a herniated disc in his lower back and is on the 15-day DL retroactive to April 23.
Beltre was placed on the disabled list April 13, retroactive to April 9, with a strained left quad muscle. He was hitting .286 with 4 RBIs in eight games before being injured.
Kouzmanoff left Tuesday’s game in Oakland with back tightness. He was the American League player of the week April 14-20 and was hitting .362 with two homers, six doubles and 10 RBIs in 13 games since his contract was purchased from Triple-A Round Rock.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Emmitt Smith Pulls Out Of Miss USA Pageant
- Poll: Who Should Mavs Sign To Replace Tyson Chandler?
- NBA Free Agency: 16 Hours In, Over $500 Million Dollars Spent
- Texas Creates State Website For Children With Special Needs
- Stars Bring Back Veteran Forward Eaves On 1-Year Contract
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures