Update: Kendrick Davis was found and returned to custody at 8:42 p.m. on Saturday.
KYLE (CBSDFW.COM) – An inmate from the Kyle Correctional Facility in Kyle has escaped after he was seen climbing a fence at approximately 2:20 p.m. Saturday.
Kendrick Davis, 34, was incarcerated for two counts of aggravated robbery in Dallas County that happened in 1996. He was sentenced to 25 years.
Davis was last seen wearing only white boxer shorts and shoes.
If you have any information on his location, call 911 or contact the Office of the Inspector General at 936.437.5148.
The privately run facility that Davis escaped from is operated by Management Training Corporation, which houses minimum custody offenders who receive substance treatment.
Inmate records say Davis was eligible for parole in 2009. He is scheduled to be released from custody in 2021.
The Texas Department of Criminal Justice website says the Kyle facility holds up to 520 male inmates, with 77 security employees.
The facility is located seven miles north of San Marcos along Interstate 35 in Hays County.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Top 5 Tips For Buying Jewelry (In Time For Valentine’s Day)
- Women Robbed At Gunpoint Frustrated With Police Response
- Child Fighting For Life After Siblings Die In Crash
- Sex Assaults Up In Dallas; Police Say There’s More To The Story
- Sanders, Trump Win New Hampshire Primaries
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures