FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The Blue Angels, an elite flight squad of the U.S. Navy, are taking to the skies of Fort Worth this weekend for the Air Power Expo 2014 at Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth.
The Blue Angels will perform both Saturday and Sunday, with gates opening at 9 a.m. each day.
Performances will begin at 11 a.m. and run through 4 p.m., with weather dictating the exact time of takeoff.
Joining the Blue Angels is a host of performers, including the Navy’s parachute team ‘Leap Frogs’ and wingwalker Teresa Stokes.
Most recently, however, the Blue Angels were in the news for a sexual harassment case against a former team captain.
Capt. Gregory McWherter is accused of tolerating lewd speech, and even encouraging it. The Navy is investigating the claim.
McWheter has since been relieved of duty at a California base, and was reassigned.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- TCU Falls To Coastal Carolina 4-1
- LGBT Community Getting Armed
- Fireworks Stand To Open In McKinney Neighborhood
- Briles Officially Out At Baylor After Sexual Assault Scandal
- Judge Blocks Planned Sale Of Whitney Houston’s Emmy
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures