DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police say a Dallas man shot and killed a home invader in his Village Oaks Apartments apartment on E. Overton Road around 11:48 p.m. on Saturday.
Police reports identify the home invader as 28-year-old Reginald Melancon.
The man who shot him, who lives in the apartment, is a 21-year-old black male. His identity is unknown at this time.
Melancon was reportedly holding the 21-year-old and an unknown number of other residents at gunpoint.
The 21-year-old then retrieved a gun from under the living room couch, and fired at Melancon.
The invader was struck multiple times by gunfire, and later died at Baylor hospital in Dallas.
Police say everyone involved in the incident is cooperating with detectives.
The suspect – the 21-year-old – will be released, according to spokesman Juan Fernandez, and a grand jury referral will be made.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- No Longer The Underdog, Mayfield Still Has Fire
- Bugs Butchering Nation’s Forests
- Biden Not Planning On 2020 Presidential Bid, But Will ‘Never Say Never’
- Early Morning Fort Worth House Fire Injures One
- Chipotle Co-CEO Criticizes Service At Half Of Its Locations
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures