NORWALK, Conn. (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Oak Cliff native Edie Brickell and her husband singer Paul Simon were arrested on disorderly conduct charges over the weekend. Simon told a Connecticut judge that it was a rare argument between the two that led to their arrest.
The couple held hands during the hearing Monday in Norwalk Superior Court.
Simon and Brickell each said they did not feel threatened by the other and they saw no need for a protective order. The judge asked the singers to return to court on May 16.
Police say a caller from their New Canaan home dialed 911 Saturday night and hung up. Police say officers who responded found minor injuries and believed it was a case of domestic violence.
Brickell attended high school at the Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts. She attended Southern Methodist University until she joined a band and decided to focus on songwriting.
The 48-year-old singer is best known for her single “What I Am” off of her debut album Shooting Rubberbands at the Stars in 1988.
Brickell married singer-songwriter Paul Simon on May 30, 1992.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Trump Tweets Raiders’ Lynch Should Be “Suspended” For Sitting During US Anthem
- Several Dallas ISD Schools Open During Thanksgiving Break To Serve Breakfast & Lunch
- With Time Running Out, Some Consumers Find Free Health Insurance
- Georgia Dome Set For Implosion
- Musicians Unite At AMAs In Wake Of Tumultuous Year
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures