Homeless Man Stabbed In Deep Ellum
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A homeless man was hospitalized early Tuesday morning after a stabbing in Deep Ellum. The incident happened just after midnight near the intersection of Elm Street and Good Latimer Expressway.
According to authorities, the homeless man asked a passerby for money to purchase cigarettes. The passerby refused to give the man money, but did offer him a cigarette. That resulted in an argument which became physical.
The passerby allegedly stabbed the homeless man in the shoulder before running away from the scene. He was cornered by bouncers at a nearby nightclub and later arrested by police. There has been no word on what charges the suspect may face.
The wounded man was taken to Baylor Medical Center Dallas. His injuries were not life threatening.
- Irving Man Arrested For Stepson’s Death
- Norfolk State Tops Texas Southern 76-66
- North Texas holds off Florida International 17-14
- Oklahoma State Starts Freshman QB Over Garman
- Nowitzki, Mavericks Roll Over Lakers 140-106
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures