DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A homeless man was hospitalized early Tuesday morning after a stabbing in Deep Ellum. The incident happened just after midnight near the intersection of Elm Street and Good Latimer Expressway.
According to authorities, the homeless man asked a passerby for money to purchase cigarettes. The passerby refused to give the man money, but did offer him a cigarette. That resulted in an argument which became physical.
The passerby allegedly stabbed the homeless man in the shoulder before running away from the scene. He was cornered by bouncers at a nearby nightclub and later arrested by police. There has been no word on what charges the suspect may face.
The wounded man was taken to Baylor Medical Center Dallas. His injuries were not life threatening.
- Body Of Small Child Found In Richardson; Police Say ‘Most Likely’ Missing 3-Year-Old
- Cowboys Activate Rookie QB Cooper Rush In San Francisco
- 49ers Make QB Change; Cowboys Get To Keep Zeke Active
- Pitlick Scores 2, Stars Hold On To Beat Hurricanes 4-3
- No. 23 West Virginia Survives At Baylor, 38-36
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures