DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A homeless man was hospitalized early Tuesday morning after a stabbing in Deep Ellum. The incident happened just after midnight near the intersection of Elm Street and Good Latimer Expressway.
According to authorities, the homeless man asked a passerby for money to purchase cigarettes. The passerby refused to give the man money, but did offer him a cigarette. That resulted in an argument which became physical.
The passerby allegedly stabbed the homeless man in the shoulder before running away from the scene. He was cornered by bouncers at a nearby nightclub and later arrested by police. There has been no word on what charges the suspect may face.
The wounded man was taken to Baylor Medical Center Dallas. His injuries were not life threatening.
- University Park Police Looking For Thief Seen In Viral Chase Video
- Ibaka, DeRozan Lead Raptors Past Mavericks 94-86
- Second Time In 3 Months Hulen Mall Has Been Locked Down
- Oregon Tops Kansas 74-60 To Advance To First Final Four In 78 Years
- Keating Wins Runoff Election For Frisco City Council Position
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures