DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A homeless man was hospitalized early Tuesday morning after a stabbing in Deep Ellum. The incident happened just after midnight near the intersection of Elm Street and Good Latimer Expressway.
According to authorities, the homeless man asked a passerby for money to purchase cigarettes. The passerby refused to give the man money, but did offer him a cigarette. That resulted in an argument which became physical.
The passerby allegedly stabbed the homeless man in the shoulder before running away from the scene. He was cornered by bouncers at a nearby nightclub and later arrested by police. There has been no word on what charges the suspect may face.
The wounded man was taken to Baylor Medical Center Dallas. His injuries were not life threatening.
- Woman’s Tinder Date Steals Dog While She Housesits
- Clinton: My ‘Skin Crawled’ As Trump Shadowed During Debate
- Two North Texas Boys Got To Ride To School In Style
- Morgan Freeman To Receive SAG Life Achievement Award
- Amid Contract Talks, Goodell Says That He Loves His Job
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures