DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A homeless man was hospitalized early Tuesday morning after a stabbing in Deep Ellum. The incident happened just after midnight near the intersection of Elm Street and Good Latimer Expressway.
According to authorities, the homeless man asked a passerby for money to purchase cigarettes. The passerby refused to give the man money, but did offer him a cigarette. That resulted in an argument which became physical.
The passerby allegedly stabbed the homeless man in the shoulder before running away from the scene. He was cornered by bouncers at a nearby nightclub and later arrested by police. There has been no word on what charges the suspect may face.
The wounded man was taken to Baylor Medical Center Dallas. His injuries were not life threatening.
- Rangers Lose Big Lead And Game To Indians
- Road Rage Victim’s Family: ‘It’s Tough For Us All, But We’ll Make It Through’
- Public May Soon Have Access To 300-Year-Old Forest
- Praise, Criticism Of Supreme Court Decision On Temporary Travel Ban
- Dallas Among Cities Challenging Texas Sanctuary Cities Law In Court
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures