HURST (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Hurst were involved in a unique animal rescue operation early Tuesday morning. A person called to say that a pig was resting in the roadway. This happened at about 4:15 a.m. in the 1000 block of Calcutta Street, near Piccadilly Circle.
When police arrived, the pig had moved off to a nearby grassy area. Authorities are not sure how the animal got there, and have not been able to identify the pig’s owner.
Animal Control officers were called to the scene to help rescue the animal. The pig did appear to have some type of injury, but officials said that it was not serious.
- Dallas Dog Mauling Victim’s Family Seeks $5M From City
- Amazon Cancels Subscription Due To Frequent Returns
- Family Says Funeral Home Mixed Up Veteran’s Ashes
- Baylor Demotes Starr, Fires Coach Amid Sex Assaults Scandal
- Highway 80 Near Forney Shut Down In Both Directions
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures