HURST (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Hurst were involved in a unique animal rescue operation early Tuesday morning. A person called to say that a pig was resting in the roadway. This happened at about 4:15 a.m. in the 1000 block of Calcutta Street, near Piccadilly Circle.
When police arrived, the pig had moved off to a nearby grassy area. Authorities are not sure how the animal got there, and have not been able to identify the pig’s owner.
Animal Control officers were called to the scene to help rescue the animal. The pig did appear to have some type of injury, but officials said that it was not serious.
- North Texas Teen Gets Wish Granted – His Own ‘Batcave’
- Plano Firefighter Finishes Yard Work For 90-Year-Old Who Collapsed Outside
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Co-Stars Kit Harington, Rose Leslie Married In Scotland
- Bicyclist In Critical Condition After Being Struck By Vehicle In Frisco
- Beltre, Chirinos Help Lead Rangers To 7th Straight Win
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures