Tiger Woods’ Company To Redesign Houston Golf Course
SOUTH TEXAS (AP) – Tiger Woods Design has been chosen to design an 18-hole golf course near Houston that will be called Bluejack National.
The original golf course on the property was called Blaketree National. Developers believe a new design is required to take advantage of 755 acres of rolling, wooded countryside.
Construction is expected to begin this summer, and the course is projected to be finished in the fall of 2015. It would be the first golf course by Woods’ design company that is open in the United States.
Woods said the course will be designed to reward players to have the best angle to the greens. He said the areas around the greens would be tightly mown collection areas to offer options in chipping.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gallardo To Start For Texas In ALDS Game 1
- Image Of Deputy Comforting Baby After Crash Goes Viral
- Twitter Debuts ‘Moments’ Feature
- More U.S. Hospitals Encourage Breastfeeding
- Microsoft Unveils New Surface Laptop, Other Updates
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures