BEREA, Ohio (AP) — The Browns have signed free agent quarterback Vince Young, who hasn’t played in an NFL regular-season game since 2011.
Young was given a tryout this week at Browns’ three-day minicamp and showed enough to earn a deal. The team also signed quarterback Tyler Thigpen.
The 30-year-old Young made two Pro Bowls during his five seasons with Tennessee, which drafted him with the No. 3 overall pick in 2006.
Young last played for Philadelphia and is 31-19 as an NFL starter. He spent parts of the past two preseasons with Buffalo and Green Bay. The 6-foot-5, 229-pounder will move into a backup role behind Brian Hoyer, who is expected to begin next season as Cleveland’s starter.
The Browns are likely to use a high draft pick on a quarterback next week.
Thigpen started 11 games for Kansas City in 2008.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Southwest Flight Delayed Due To Suspicious Item On Board
- Parents Say Teens Left Unsupervised During Parts Of European Trip
- Despite Damaging Storms, Insurance Spike Hits Homeowners
- Error Means Refunds For Some Tarrant County Taxpayers
- Dallas Mayor Rawlings Supports Plans For New Subway Line
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures