Bush Library Hosts 438,000 Visitors In 1st Year
DALLAS (AP) - The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum had more than 438,000 visitors in its first year.
The library on Thursday is celebrating its first anniversary of being open to the public with events that include a video presentation recapping the last year. Some documents and artifacts that haven’t been displayed previously also will be shown.
The National Archives and Records Administration says that of the previous two presidential libraries to open, the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum in Little Rock, Arkansas, had more than 493,000 visitors in its first year, while the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum in College Station had 309,000.
The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum is located on the campus of Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspect In Christina Morris Case Charged With Sex Assault Of A Child
- Celina Teacher Accidentally Sets Off Active Shooter Alert
- Texas Keeps NCAA Hopes Alive, Beats No. 14 Baylor 61-59
- No. 6 Baylor Ends Regular Season 75-65 Over Texas Tech
- Explosion Destroys Home In Southeast Dallas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures