DALLAS (AP) – The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum had more than 438,000 visitors in its first year.
The library on Thursday is celebrating its first anniversary of being open to the public with events that include a video presentation recapping the last year. Some documents and artifacts that haven’t been displayed previously also will be shown.
The National Archives and Records Administration says that of the previous two presidential libraries to open, the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum in Little Rock, Arkansas, had more than 493,000 visitors in its first year, while the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum in College Station had 309,000.
The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum is located on the campus of Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Trump: First 100 Days
- Texas House Orders Study Before Using Poison On Feral Hogs
- Jurors Hear Harrowing 911 Calls In Trial For Accused Killer Of 4
- Rumors Of DeSoto Coach’s Firing Swirl Amid Possible Investigation
- Man Pointing Rifle At Officers Fatally Shot By Police
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures