Driver Ejected, Killed In Overnight Fort Worth Crash
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Police say one person was killed in a deadly wreck that happened early Saturday morning in south Fort Worth.
The accident happened around 2:20 a.m. in the 5600 block of east Loop 820, according to FWPD spokesman Daniel Segura.
When officers arrived on scene, they found a truck overturned in the southbound lanes of the roadway.
Witnesses told police the driver was traveling northbound, when the truck hit a concrete guardrail and vaulted over the median.
The driver was ejected and died on scene. His or her identity is unknown at this time.
The pickup truck flipped during the accident, and came to rest on its roof.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner will release the name of the person once family has been contacted.
A reason for the crash is unknown and being investigated by the FWPD Traffic Investigation Unit.
It is unclear if the driver was accompanied or alone in the trucl, or if there are anyone else was injured.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- This Week In Golf: Jason Day Runs Away With The Barclays
- Android Smartwatches Now Work With iPhone
- Jeep Cherokee SUVs Recalled For Wiper Defect
- 7 Texas A&M Mascots Remain Buried Outside Updated Kyle Field
- Rangers Notebook: Who Will Be The 2016 Closer, Fielder Slump, Gimenez Behind The Plate
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures