DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A massive L’Oreal cosmetics distribution facility has opened in the southern sector of Dallas.
Mayor Mike Rawlings said at the time the announcement was made that L’Oreal was coming to town (back in 2012) that the $17 million dollar 500,000 square-foot facility would be a big deal for the city.
While L’Oreal conducted a nationwide search for possible site locations, the city of Dallas certainly sweetened the deal. The city council approved roughly $4.5 million worth of incentives for L’Oreal, including a tax abatement and an economic development grant worth nearly $2 million.
Residents are encouraged by all the companies bringing distribution hubs to that area because it will increase the number of good-paying jobs.
The facility is a part of Mayor Rawlings’ larger “Grow South” initiative.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Iconic Dallas Real Estate Firm To Sells To Berkshire Hathaway Affiliate
- Pickup Hits, Kills Skateboarder; Crashes Into Building
- Beloved Deep Ellum Bartender Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver
- Dallas ISD Campaign Encourages Students To Report Suspicious Behavior
- Democrats Running For Governor Make Case For Challenging Abbott
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures