$17M L’Oreal Distribution Center Opens
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A massive L’Oreal cosmetics distribution facility has opened in the southern sector of Dallas.
Mayor Mike Rawlings said at the time the announcement was made that L’Oreal was coming to town (back in 2012) that the $17 million dollar 500,000 square-foot facility would be a big deal for the city.
While L’Oreal conducted a nationwide search for possible site locations, the city of Dallas certainly sweetened the deal. The city council approved roughly $4.5 million worth of incentives for L’Oreal, including a tax abatement and an economic development grant worth nearly $2 million.
Residents are encouraged by all the companies bringing distribution hubs to that area because it will increase the number of good-paying jobs.
The facility is a part of Mayor Rawlings’ larger “Grow South” initiative.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Silver Alert Canceled After Missing Fort Worth Senior Found
- Secret Services Face Criticism After Texas Intruder Jumps Fence
- Duncanville Man Dies In Fatal Dallas Single Car Crash
- Water Main Break Floods Dallas Church
- 5 Ways Tom Brady’s Life Could Have Panned Out
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures