DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A massive L’Oreal cosmetics distribution facility has opened in the southern sector of Dallas.
Mayor Mike Rawlings said at the time the announcement was made that L’Oreal was coming to town (back in 2012) that the $17 million dollar 500,000 square-foot facility would be a big deal for the city.
While L’Oreal conducted a nationwide search for possible site locations, the city of Dallas certainly sweetened the deal. The city council approved roughly $4.5 million worth of incentives for L’Oreal, including a tax abatement and an economic development grant worth nearly $2 million.
Residents are encouraged by all the companies bringing distribution hubs to that area because it will increase the number of good-paying jobs.
The facility is a part of Mayor Rawlings’ larger “Grow South” initiative.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Jurors Hear Harrowing 911 Calls In Trial For Accused Killer Of 4
- Rumors Of DeSoto Coach’s Firing Swirl Amid Possible Investigation
- Police Investigating Officer Involved Shooting In Fort Worth
- Former Firefighter’s Stance On Prop 2 Draws Ire From Colleagues
- Controversial Flier Asks ‘White Americans’ To Turn In Illegal Immigrants
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures