$17M L’Oreal Distribution Center Opens
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A massive L’Oreal cosmetics distribution facility has opened in the southern sector of Dallas.
Mayor Mike Rawlings said at the time the announcement was made that L’Oreal was coming to town (back in 2012) that the $17 million dollar 500,000 square-foot facility would be a big deal for the city.
While L’Oreal conducted a nationwide search for possible site locations, the city of Dallas certainly sweetened the deal. The city council approved roughly $4.5 million worth of incentives for L’Oreal, including a tax abatement and an economic development grant worth nearly $2 million.
Residents are encouraged by all the companies bringing distribution hubs to that area because it will increase the number of good-paying jobs.
The facility is a part of Mayor Rawlings’ larger “Grow South” initiative.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Sundance Square To Host ESPN College GameDay Again
- This Week In Golf: Troy Merritt Claims First PGA Tour Victory In Quicken Loans National
- Sen. Ted Cruz Demonstrates How To Make Machine Gun Bacon
- President Obama Heralds Impact Of Power Plant Greenhouse Gas Limits
- Police: Texas Tourist Took Loaded Guns To 9/11 Memorial
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures