FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – An 18-year-old was killed, another teenager injured when the vehicle they were in rolled in North Fort Worth early Tuesday.
The crash happened just before 1 a.m. this morning along Diamondback Lane near Esperanza Lane.
The 18-year-old driver of a Jeep Cherokee was going at a high rate of speed, lost control and rolled the vehicle several times. He was ejected from the SUV and died on the scene. An 18-year-old passenger was also injured and was taken to a local hospital. Those injuries were said not to be life threatening.
Investigators are looking at whether alcohol played a role in the crash.
The names of the victims were not released early Tuesday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Bitter Cold Weather Can Make Common Ailments Even Worse
- Cowboys Rookies Get Another Crack At Giants
- Rangers & Braves Swap 3 Young Pitchers
- Oklahoma’s Westbrook Named Top College Receiver
- Longhorns RB Foreman Wins Doak Walker Award
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures