Poll: Texas Pride Deepest In Country
NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – “Don’t Mess With Texas,” is more than a popular ad campaign, according to a recent Gallup poll.
It found that Texans are most likely to say the Lone Star State is the single best state in which to live, USA Today reports.
Six-hundred survey participants in each state were asked to rate whether or not their state was a good place to live.
Montana and Alaska have the happiest residents according to the poll. But Texas edged out both of those when it came to state pride; rounding out the top five on that list, with 68 percent, USA Today reports.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- UNT Women’s Basketball Player Found Dead
- Police Officers Injured At 3-Alarm Fire Released From Hospital
- Fine Line Between Texas Touting And Taunting
- Phoenix Islamic Community Condemns Garland Attack
- Panel Clears Dallas Police Officer Fired In Excessive-Force Case
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures