Attacker Apologizes After Shooting, Robbing Man In Dallas
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Dallas Police are looking for an attacker who shot a man and took his possessions before apologizing to his victim.
Investigators say 18-year-old Mark Estrada and two others were walking from a bus stop in Pleasant Grove along St. Augustine Drive just after 1:00 a.m. Tuesday.
Two men wearing hooded sweatshirts came up behind them, showed them a gun and told them to get on the ground.
“The first suspect pulled out a gun and he actually shot at the complainant,” said Dallas Officer Monica Cordova.
Cordova says the shooting suspect, who was wearing a black bandana over his face, wounded Estrada in the hand and hip.
The suspect then said, “Sorry, just call 911…they will help you out…I got to do what I got to do.”
The suspects took off with the victims’ cell phones and cash.
Estrada was treated for his injuries. Anyone with information is urged to call police.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Iconic Fashion Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead At 82
- Ebola Patient Released From Atlanta Hospital
- Exclusive Look Inside Decontaminated Ebola Apartment
- Experts: Savings At The Pump Could Boost Holiday Shopping
- CDC Releases Revised Ebola Safety Gear Guidelines
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures