Cleburne Man Charged With Killing Wife
Get Breaking News First
CLEBURNE (AP) - A North Texas man has been charged in the death of his 87-year-old wife whose body was found in their Cleburne home.
Johnson County officials say 83-year-old Samuel Alfred Ball was being held Wednesday on a murder charge with bond set at $1 million. Jail records do not list an attorney for Ball. Sheriff Bob Alford says Ball has been charged in the death of his wife, Betty.
Cleburne police on Monday received a call from another individual about a possible death at the Ball home. An affidavit says an officer who went to the residence found the woman’s body wrapped in a blanket.
A medical examiner Wednesday did not immediately provide information on a cause of death.
Police declined to release a possible motive.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Business Owners Admit To Scamming Texas Schools
- USDA Decides To Implement Farm Bill Provision
- I-Team Maps Route Taken To Dispose Of Ebola Hazardous Waste
- Family Speaks Out After Police Officer Shoots, Kills Pet
- Dallas Nurse Nina Pham Showing Improvement In Ebola Fight
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures