CLEBURNE (AP) – A North Texas man has been charged in the death of his 87-year-old wife whose body was found in their Cleburne home.
Johnson County officials say 83-year-old Samuel Alfred Ball was being held Wednesday on a murder charge with bond set at $1 million. Jail records do not list an attorney for Ball. Sheriff Bob Alford says Ball has been charged in the death of his wife, Betty.
Cleburne police on Monday received a call from another individual about a possible death at the Ball home. An affidavit says an officer who went to the residence found the woman’s body wrapped in a blanket.
A medical examiner Wednesday did not immediately provide information on a cause of death.
Police declined to release a possible motive.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bathroom Choice Debate Intensifies In North Texas
- Mosquitofish Inexpensive Ally In Zika Virus Fight
- Faksa Has Goal And Assist, Stars Beat Blues 2-1 In Game 1
- Cowboys’ Jaylon Smith – A Medical Risk But ‘Never Doubt God’
- Tornado Damages Buildings In East Texas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures