Cleburne Man Charged With Killing Wife
CLEBURNE (AP) – A North Texas man has been charged in the death of his 87-year-old wife whose body was found in their Cleburne home.
Johnson County officials say 83-year-old Samuel Alfred Ball was being held Wednesday on a murder charge with bond set at $1 million. Jail records do not list an attorney for Ball. Sheriff Bob Alford says Ball has been charged in the death of his wife, Betty.
Cleburne police on Monday received a call from another individual about a possible death at the Ball home. An affidavit says an officer who went to the residence found the woman’s body wrapped in a blanket.
A medical examiner Wednesday did not immediately provide information on a cause of death.
Police declined to release a possible motive.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- MedStar Turns ‘Self-Preservation’ Into ‘Innovation’
- Jones Not Talking Super Bowl, But Optimism Shows
- Planned Parenthood Seeks Fed Study Of Fetal Tissue Research
- Move Could Be In Store For Big Texan Steak Ranch
- CPR That Saved Dad A Result Of Teen Wanting To Get Summer Tan
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures