DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas psychologist has been sentenced to three years in prison in a health care scam involving false claims for treatment of federal workers.
A federal judge in Dallas on Tuesday sentenced 62-year-old Michael Ellis Wolf and ordered him to pay $1.8 million in restitution. Wolf in January pleaded guilty to health care fraud stemming from his treatment of disabled federal workers.
Investigators say Wolf sought payment for services not provided or he exaggerated the amount of therapy that was done.
Prosecutors say in one case Wolf claimed he provided therapy for a federal employee, from 2008 through mid-2013, seven days a week.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- South Dakota Bill Leaves Evolution Skepticism Up To Teachers
- Bail Jumper Gets 27 Years For Aggravated Robbery
- Milo Yiannopoulos Apologizes For Remarks, Quits Breitbart
- MLB May Make Unilateral Rule Changes For 2018
- Former Maypearl Police Chief Sentenced To 40 Years
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures