DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas psychologist has been sentenced to three years in prison in a health care scam involving false claims for treatment of federal workers.
A federal judge in Dallas on Tuesday sentenced 62-year-old Michael Ellis Wolf and ordered him to pay $1.8 million in restitution. Wolf in January pleaded guilty to health care fraud stemming from his treatment of disabled federal workers.
Investigators say Wolf sought payment for services not provided or he exaggerated the amount of therapy that was done.
Prosecutors say in one case Wolf claimed he provided therapy for a federal employee, from 2008 through mid-2013, seven days a week.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Police Searching For Suspect In Double Murder
- Cowboys Leap Over Bears, Win 31-17
- Golfing Legend Arnold Palmer Dies At 87
- Rangers Can’t Complete Sweep, Fall To A’s 7-1
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Rides To Strong $35M Debut At Box Office
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures