DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas psychologist has been sentenced to three years in prison in a health care scam involving false claims for treatment of federal workers.
A federal judge in Dallas on Tuesday sentenced 62-year-old Michael Ellis Wolf and ordered him to pay $1.8 million in restitution. Wolf in January pleaded guilty to health care fraud stemming from his treatment of disabled federal workers.
Investigators say Wolf sought payment for services not provided or he exaggerated the amount of therapy that was done.
Prosecutors say in one case Wolf claimed he provided therapy for a federal employee, from 2008 through mid-2013, seven days a week.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Children’s Cancer Fund Holds Annual Gala
- Dallas Police Officer Arrested On Burglary Warrant
- Baby Hippo Lifts Spirits At Ohio Zoo That Faced Backlash For Killing Gorilla
- Man Turns Self In To Authorities For Wife’s Murder
- 2 Twin Brothers Shot, 1 Killed in Burleson; Teen Arrested
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures