DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas psychologist has been sentenced to three years in prison in a health care scam involving false claims for treatment of federal workers.
A federal judge in Dallas on Tuesday sentenced 62-year-old Michael Ellis Wolf and ordered him to pay $1.8 million in restitution. Wolf in January pleaded guilty to health care fraud stemming from his treatment of disabled federal workers.
Investigators say Wolf sought payment for services not provided or he exaggerated the amount of therapy that was done.
Prosecutors say in one case Wolf claimed he provided therapy for a federal employee, from 2008 through mid-2013, seven days a week.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Delta Wants To Know If Your Dog Can Behave Before It Flies
- Panarin Scores In Shootout As Blue Jackets Beat Stars 2-1
- MacArthur High School Soccer Player Wins Scholar Athlete Honor
- Fort Worth Police Say Man Stabbed His Grandfather To Death
- Trump Steps To Forefront Of Anti-Abortion Movement
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures