DALLAS (AP) — A father and daughter blamed for three Dallas bank robberies have been sentenced to prison.
Prosecutors in Dallas on Tuesday announced 50-year-old John Charles Applewhite has been sentenced to more than 15 years in prison for last May’s holdups.
Applewhite in October pleaded guilty to three counts of bank robbery. Investigators say he was on supervised release for another holdup at the time of the 2013 robberies.
His daughter, 23-year-old Shelby Dawn Applewhite, in November pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit those three bank robberies. A judge in March sentenced the daughter to five years in prison.
Investigators say the Shelby Applewhite would enter a bank to check the layout, then report details to her father — who would wear a disguise and rob the place.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 Officers Injured In Crash In Fort Worth
- 1 Dead, 7 Victims Hurt In Church Shooting
- Opposition From GOP Senators Grows, Jeopardizes Health Bill
- Public Invited To Meet New Dallas Police Chief Monday
- No. 3 Oklahoma Overcomes Baylor 49-41 For 14th Straight Win
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures