Dallas Prepares Virgin America Approval For Love Field Gates
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – CBS 11 News has learned new information about on the gate debate at Dallas Love Field Airport.
A source has confirmed that Dallas city manager A.C. Gonzalez is in the process of approving Virgin America’s use of the gates in question.
Gonzalez said Wednesday he would announce his decision by Friday.
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) told the city Virgin America is the only airline approved to use the gates, because it would boost competition.
DOJ officials said the department would reject any deal that gave the gates to Southwest or Delta Airlines.
The positions are available because American Airlines has to give up the gates as part of its merger deal with US Airways.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Whataburger Continues Ban On Open Carry In Its Restaurants
- AA Flight Makes Emergency Landing At DFW Airport
- Police Arrest Alleged Shooter Of Coppell HS Football Star
- Donovan McNabb Arrested Again On Suspicion Of DUI
- General Mills Plans Move To Cage-Free Eggs
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures