Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Commerce
COMMERCE (DFWCOM.COM) – Heavy rain is causing significant flooding problems in the small city of Commerce, Texas.
Streets have flooded and a handful of houses have water rushing through them on the south side of town.
Police say one woman called to report several inches of water racing into her home.
Heavy rain also caused a massive power outage , also on the south side of town, affecting two elementary schools.
Parents were told they could pick up their children early from Commerce and AC Williams Elementary, once the power went out shortly after 1 p.m. The remaining children were kept in their classrooms.
Buses were scheduled to run on time, but parents were warned the routes could take longer than normal due to flooded roads.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police: 1 NYC Cop Dead In shooting, 2nd Critical
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Cleburne Officer Cleared In Fatal Shooting Of Pit Bull
- Harris County Grand Juries Lack Hispanics
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures