Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Commerce
Get Breaking News First
COMMERCE (DFWCOM.COM) – Heavy rain is causing significant flooding problems in the small city of Commerce, Texas.
Streets have flooded and a handful of houses have water rushing through them on the south side of town.
Police say one woman called to report several inches of water racing into her home.
Heavy rain also caused a massive power outage , also on the south side of town, affecting two elementary schools.
Parents were told they could pick up their children early from Commerce and AC Williams Elementary, once the power went out shortly after 1 p.m. The remaining children were kept in their classrooms.
Buses were scheduled to run on time, but parents were warned the routes could take longer than normal due to flooded roads.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Ebola-Themed Halloween Decorations Stir Up Controversy
- Arlington Man Sentenced For Sex Abuse Of Four-Year-Old
- Texas Official: Most Hospitals Can’t Handle Ebola
- 8 Fast Facts About The UNC Academic Fraud Scandal
- 5 Things You Missed: 2014 World Series, Game 2
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures