DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — In a vote dominated by the Western Conference, Clippers guard Jamal Crawford has been voted the 2013-14 6th Man of the Year for the second time in his career.
Mavs forward Vince Carter finished sixth, receiving one first place vote from Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning News.
The panel of 125 sportswriters and broadcasters selected five Western Conference players in the top six — the lone exception being Taj Gibson of the Chicago Bulls.
Crawford was the top-scoring reserve player in the league this season, averaging 18.6 points and 3.2 assists per game.
Carter, an 8-time All Star, averaged 11.9 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.6 assists in 81 games.
Jason Terry was the last Dallas player to win the award, doing so in the 2008-09 season.
Voting Results (total points)
Jamal Crawford, LAC (421)
Taj Gibson, CHI (395)
Manu Ginobli, SAS (138)
Markieff Morris, PHO (85)
Reggie Jackson, OKC (49)
Vince Carter, DAL (12)
D.J. Augustin, CHI (6)
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- New Voter ID Bill Prompts Texas To Ask Court For More Time
- Teen’s Warning About Shirt Wrapped Around Windshield Goes Viral
- 2017 NBA Second Half Preview – Western Conference
- House Speaker Ryan Getting Firsthand Look At US-Mexico Border
- President Trump To Revoke Obama’s Transgender Bathroom Guidance
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures