DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — In a vote dominated by the Western Conference, Clippers guard Jamal Crawford has been voted the 2013-14 6th Man of the Year for the second time in his career.
Mavs forward Vince Carter finished sixth, receiving one first place vote from Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning News.
The panel of 125 sportswriters and broadcasters selected five Western Conference players in the top six — the lone exception being Taj Gibson of the Chicago Bulls.
Crawford was the top-scoring reserve player in the league this season, averaging 18.6 points and 3.2 assists per game.
Carter, an 8-time All Star, averaged 11.9 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.6 assists in 81 games.
Jason Terry was the last Dallas player to win the award, doing so in the 2008-09 season.
Voting Results (total points)
Jamal Crawford, LAC (421)
Taj Gibson, CHI (395)
Manu Ginobli, SAS (138)
Markieff Morris, PHO (85)
Reggie Jackson, OKC (49)
Vince Carter, DAL (12)
D.J. Augustin, CHI (6)
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Red Oak Fire Department Sets Up Fund For Deceased Teacher’s Family
- I-Team: Underground Gas Lines Damaged Often
- Norma’s Cafe In Oak Cliff Serves Free Thanksgiving Meals
- Mom Sues Over Son Being Kicked Off School Bus Along Busy Highway
- Fantasy Football: Panthers Vs. Cowboys – Who To Play, Who To Pass
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures