IRVING, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – Johnny Manziel is not the No. 1 player on the Cowboys draft board. He’s not even the No. 1 quarterback.
Texas A&M’s Manziel – the centerpiece of smokescreens including ones reported in this space — is actually the second-ranked quarterback on the team’s board, behind Blake Bortles.
And neither of them are as highly-regarded by Dallas in this NFL Draft as UCLA pass-rusher Anthony Barr, 3-tech defensive tackle Aaron Donald from Pitt, versatile Notre Dame offensive lineman Zack Martin, LSU receiver Odell Beckham and linebacker Ryan Shazier from Ohio State.
Dallas, picking 16th in the first round, will also consider trading down with potential partners like Cleveland at 26 and San Francisco at 30.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- New Foster Care Center Looks To Limit Lifetime Impact Of Abuse
- South Carolina Prosecutors Plan To Retry Officer Accused Of Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Vandals Smear Bacon On Muslim Owner’s Restaurant
- SWAT Standoff Over In Denton; Suspect In Custody
- Lawyer’s Death Brings Personal Sadness To Dallas County Judge
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures