IRVING, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – Johnny Manziel is not the No. 1 player on the Cowboys draft board. He’s not even the No. 1 quarterback.
Texas A&M’s Manziel – the centerpiece of smokescreens including ones reported in this space — is actually the second-ranked quarterback on the team’s board, behind Blake Bortles.
And neither of them are as highly-regarded by Dallas in this NFL Draft as UCLA pass-rusher Anthony Barr, 3-tech defensive tackle Aaron Donald from Pitt, versatile Notre Dame offensive lineman Zack Martin, LSU receiver Odell Beckham and linebacker Ryan Shazier from Ohio State.
Dallas, picking 16th in the first round, will also consider trading down with potential partners like Cleveland at 26 and San Francisco at 30.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Welterweight Title Fight Between Keith Thurman And Danny Garcia To Air In Primetime On CBS
- Retail Gasoline Prices In Texas, Nationwide Down This Week
- Cause Of Death Of “The Strong Arm” Attorney Determined
- Rick Perry’s Energy Secretary Confirmation Hearing Underway
- Houston Flooding Causes Release Of 1M Gallons Of Wastewater
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures