IRVING, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – Johnny Manziel is not the No. 1 player on the Cowboys draft board. He’s not even the No. 1 quarterback.
Texas A&M’s Manziel – the centerpiece of smokescreens including ones reported in this space — is actually the second-ranked quarterback on the team’s board, behind Blake Bortles.
And neither of them are as highly-regarded by Dallas in this NFL Draft as UCLA pass-rusher Anthony Barr, 3-tech defensive tackle Aaron Donald from Pitt, versatile Notre Dame offensive lineman Zack Martin, LSU receiver Odell Beckham and linebacker Ryan Shazier from Ohio State.
Dallas, picking 16th in the first round, will also consider trading down with potential partners like Cleveland at 26 and San Francisco at 30.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Americans Have Disparate Access To Retirement Plans
- Report: Racehorse Nyquist Skipping Belmont Due To Health Issues
- Texas Man Convicted Of Making Animal Torture Videos
- Mexican-American Textbook In Texas Slammed As Racist
- Coming Soon To Twitter: More Room To Tweet
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures