DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Today’s Living Large is a modern bachelor pad in the Turtle Creek area of Dallas. It was featured on the Turtle Creek Association home tours this month.
The home’s minimalist and sleek look gives the home a clean, modern finish. The house is filled with natural light coming through the many wall to wall windows through out the house.
Jon Beasley, President of the Turtle Creek Association took CBS 11 News on a tour. “The front of the home is obscured with a bris soleil, that provides natural light as well as gives privacy,” says Beasley.
White monolith walls separate the rooms, “this is a very long an narrow home, one room after the other in a shot gun style of architecture,” says Beasley.
The media room opens out into a pool – as perhaps a bachelor would have it.
The 4600 sq. ft. home is filled with art and mementos from the owner’s travels.
The home has 3 bedrooms and 3 and a half baths. “The master bath is definitely masculine. This is a guys home and it’s evident in the master bath.” says Beasley
The unique feature of this home is its disappearing doors, that either blend into the wall or hide inside the wall. “The second bedroom is concealed behind another disappearing door,” Beasley points out.
It’s an ultimate retreat for an on- the- go bachelor. And that’s Living Large.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police Officers Drop The Puck To Raise Money For Child Fighting Terminal Disease
- School Threats Increasing In North Texas Since Florida School Shooting
- Dallas Mayor Calls Out Judges To Do Better Job At Taking Away Abuser’s Guns
- Nearly 2 Dozen Homes Flooded Near Rockwall Lake
- Dez Bryant: I Promise You I’m Going To Shut A Lot Of People Up
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures