Gun Groups Take To The Streets
NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Two outspoken groups aiming to extend gun rights took to the streets Saturday. “Open Carry Texas” gathered in Farmers Branch armed with long guns and black powder pistols.
The city council has attempted previously to create ordinances restricting the carry of firearms. But state law preempts it.
Texas does however allow for the open carry of long guns, but prohibits the open carry of handguns.
In Dallas, gun rights activists rallied at Dealey Plaza to protest gun-free zones. They carried long arm guns, flags and signs. The gathering was the first in a series called “The Life and Liberty Campaign.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- TCU Security Guard Arrested For Improper Photography
- Fort Worth Neighbors Braces For Another Storm
- Leaking Sulfuric Acid Found At Houston-Area Storage Facility
- Internet Billionaires Face Off In Renewed Texas Space Race
- 1 Dead, 2 Seriously Injured In Dallas Accident
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures