KILLEEN (CBSDFW.COM) – A Killeen police officer died Sunday afternoon at Scott & White Memorial Hospital in Temple of a gunshot wound to the face suffered early Friday.
Detective Charles “Chuck” Dinwiddie was one of four officers shot Friday at an apartment complex. Two of the officers were treated and released from the hospital. The third surviving officer is listed in good condition.
Police spokeswoman Carroll Smith says 49-year-old Marvin Louis Guy of Killeen remains in Bell County Jail charged with three counts of attempted capital murder.
Jail records do not list an attorney for Guy, who’s held on $3 million bond.
Fort Hood military post released the following statement:
“We here at III Corps and Fort Hood are deeply saddened by the passing of Killeen Police Department Detective Charles Dinwiddie today. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family, friends, and loved ones of Detective Dinwiddie and with the city of Killeen.” said Lt. Gen. Mark Milley, III Corps and Fort Hood commanding general.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Former Bait Dogs Rescued, Returned To Rightful Owners
- Downtown Dallas Restaurants Show Police Appreciation With Free Food
- Facebook Fashion Fail: Deceptive Ads On Feeds Not Worth It
- Forget Romance: Many Trying To Catch Partners Cheating On Valentine’s Day
- Family Forced Out After Gas Explosion In Their Lakewood Home
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures