GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – A Desoto resident drowned at Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prairie Saturday.
Grand Prairie police said it happened at the swim beach on the Cedar Hill side of the lake. Witnesses told police the victim swam after a flotation device for a family member. Unfortunately, the victim wasn’t wearing a life jacket. He slipped beneath the water surface and wasn’t seen alive again.
His body was recovered from the lake a couple hours after he went under.
This is the first drowning at Joe Pool Lake in 2014.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Phelps’ Influence Out Of Pool Impacts Results At U.S. Trials
- Fire Crews Making Inroads Against Deadly California Wildfire
- Texas Abortion Case Leads Supreme Court’s Last Meeting
- Churches Pray, Serve Where Deadly Tornadoes Struck Six Months Ago
- Chile Wins 2nd Straight Copa America Title
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures