Swimmer Drowns At Joe Pool Lake
GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – A Desoto resident drowned at Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prairie Saturday.
Grand Prairie police said it happened at the swim beach on the Cedar Hill side of the lake. Witnesses told police the victim swam after a flotation device for a family member. Unfortunately, the victim wasn’t wearing a life jacket. He slipped beneath the water surface and wasn’t seen alive again.
His body was recovered from the lake a couple hours after he went under.
This is the first drowning at Joe Pool Lake in 2014.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Motor Speedway Asking Race Fans To Ditch The Confederate Flag
- Gator Kills Texas Man During Late Swim
- Dez Cheers In Boxer Charles Hatley’s Corner
- 12-Year-Old Boy Shoots Himself In The Leg
- Collin County Woman Dies After Falling At Royal Gorge Bridge In Colorado
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures