GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – A Desoto resident drowned at Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prairie Saturday.
Grand Prairie police said it happened at the swim beach on the Cedar Hill side of the lake. Witnesses told police the victim swam after a flotation device for a family member. Unfortunately, the victim wasn’t wearing a life jacket. He slipped beneath the water surface and wasn’t seen alive again.
His body was recovered from the lake a couple hours after he went under.
This is the first drowning at Joe Pool Lake in 2014.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- TCU Will Advance To Big 12 Championship Game, If They Beat Baylor
- Fort Worth Fire Department Vehicle Stolen From House Fire Scene
- Barnes Beats The Buzzer To Lift Mavericks Over Grizzlies 95-94
- MacKinnon Assists On Every Goal As Avalanche Blank Stars 3-0
- Hotel Chef Prepares Thanksgiving Meal For Dallas First Responders
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures