GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – A Desoto resident drowned at Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prairie Saturday.
Grand Prairie police said it happened at the swim beach on the Cedar Hill side of the lake. Witnesses told police the victim swam after a flotation device for a family member. Unfortunately, the victim wasn’t wearing a life jacket. He slipped beneath the water surface and wasn’t seen alive again.
His body was recovered from the lake a couple hours after he went under.
This is the first drowning at Joe Pool Lake in 2014.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 44-Year-Old Man Accused Of Molesting 4 Keller ISD Students
- Peter Kostis On Pebble Beach: ‘No Better Place In The World For Golf’
- Brazil & University Of Texas Reach Deal On Zika Vaccine
- Arraignment Set For Oklahoma Man In Co-Worker’s Beheading
- Congress Likely To Give Final OK To Local Internet Tax Ban
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures