Pony Burned Shielding Foal In Fire Fights To Heal
FORT WORTH (AP) — A pony is getting treatment for burns after shielding her foal in a barn fire.
Whitney Hanson of the Humane Society of North Texas tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram Bella and her foal, Butterscotch, have received round-the-clock treatment at a Decatur equine clinic.
The two were rescued from an April 6 barn fire near Alvarado. Hanson says Bella was found on top of Butterscotch, shielding her from flames but receiving serious burns over much of her body.
Hanson says the Humane Society took over their treatment when their owners couldn’t afford them. From across the country, especially from mothers, donations came. Hanson says the costs continue to mount, though.
Hanson said Bella “is still not out of the woods” but her veterinarians are optimistic about her prognosis.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Remembering West Fertilizer Explosion 2 Years Later
- Hurst Woman Murdered In Apparent Domestic Dispute
- Stormy Weather Brings Dark Clouds To ACM Awards Events
- Prayer Service & Candlelight Vigil 2 Years After West Plant Explosion
- Dallas Homeowners File Suit Against Builder Of LBJ Expressway
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures