Pony Burned Shielding Foal In Fire Fights To Heal
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (AP) – A pony is getting treatment for burns after shielding her foal in a barn fire.
Whitney Hanson of the Humane Society of North Texas tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram Bella and her foal, Butterscotch, have received round-the-clock treatment at a Decatur equine clinic.
The two were rescued from an April 6 barn fire near Alvarado. Hanson says Bella was found on top of Butterscotch, shielding her from flames but receiving serious burns over much of her body.
Hanson says the Humane Society took over their treatment when their owners couldn’t afford them. From across the country, especially from mothers, donations came. Hanson says the costs continue to mount, though.
Hanson said Bella “is still not out of the woods” but her veterinarians are optimistic about her prognosis.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Joe Gibbs: Tony Stewart Is ‘A Racer’s Racer’
- Texas Regulators Approve Expansion Of Nuke Site
- Former President George W. Bush Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Both Sides Rest In Teacher’s Hit-&-Run Trial
- Cowboys Worth More Than $3 Billion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures